Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Feeling Restless

So all I have been doing for the last few weeks is going to work. I have a summer internship at a law firm, in which I work six hours a day, Monday through Friday. Lately I have been coming home from work, watching a movie, getting ready for bed, waking up, getting ready for work, going to work. repeat. It feels like I have been spending the summer in isolation. I have not talked to any of my friends or my family on the phone or in person either for a long time. At work all of my colleagues are older than me so when they have their office conversations I get left out. Of course all these people who "miss me so much" and haven't "seen me in such a long time" never gets in contact with me. And when I get into contact with them, they are so busy that they have to pencil me in. "Is Friday good for you? Let's go ahead and say Friday at 4:30pm." This is a reason that I can't wait to get back to school. Hundreds, if not thousands of people will be forced to be in contact with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment